Terms and Conditions
1. Cancellation Policy
If registrant cancels prior to May 10, there will be a 15% penalty. Between May 11 and June 10, there is a 30% penalty. Between June 11 and July 10, there is a 60% penalty, and from July 11 registrant forfeits entire registration fee. Organizer may cancel event if there is insufficient registration. In that case, registrants will receive a full refund.
2. This is a sober retreat. No drugs or alcohol allowed.
3. Registrants understand the Shadowcliff is not wheelchair-accessible and furthermore has many stairways inside the facilities and throughout the property. Thus, this retreat is suitable for those that can easily go up and down stairways.
4. Dietary preferences (such as gluten-free or vegetarian) must be made at least 21 days prior to retreat. Kitchen can accommodate most requests, but for strict eating regimens (such as celiac or severe food allergies), you are advised to provide your own food.
5. Registrants are responsible for providing transportation to Shadowcliff Mountain Lodge. Plan for 2.5 to 3 hours from Denver, each way.
6. The facility is at 8,500 feet. Participants may experience altitude sickness. Seek medical advice prior to your trip in order to prevent or minimize the impact of altitude impacts.
7. Pricing is per person and includes all meals from Sunday dinner through to Wednesday breakfast. Pricing also includes any planned activities. Participants may choose to bring additional money for incidentals.
8. Participants may be asked to help drive and carpool to hiking trailheads, approximately 30 minutes or less from the lodge. Admission to Rocky Mountain National park is included.
9. Accommodations are either shared double or shared triple rooms. Rooms may have bunk beds and in that case, only the lower bed is counted. Thus, double rooms have at least two separate beds and triple rooms have at least three separate beds, and each may have upper bunks as well.
10. Participants who wish to room together should register within a few days of each other, and specify on the welcome form the roommate's name.
11. Participants are asked to take a turn to assist the kitchen crew with meal set up and clean up.
12. Tuesday night's dinner will be prepared and eaten in silence, as a fun exercise in mindful eating.
13. All participants are invited and encouraged to participate in all activities, but participants can choose to skip any activities if desired.
14. A successful retreat is built upon positive attitudes, flexibility, patience, humor and understanding. We ask that you pack plenty of those as you prepare for your trip!